The Council aims to provide a forum for the exchange of views on oral health matters which affect European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) members. It exists to offer advice to National Governments, to the Commission and other interested parties on matters affecting European oral health through the creation and maintenance of a contact organization for European Chief Dental Officers (CECDO).
Specifically we wish to facilitate:
- Promotion of oral health through a preventive approach with a particular emphasis on reducing inequalities
- Integration and implementation of oral health into general health and social care policies
- Universal access for all people to good quality oral care services according to need
- Workforce planning for oral health care professionals
- Improvement in quality of data to enable evidence based policy development